I guess if you want to jump through all those hoops to get tyres that say
"Grand Bois" on them, by all means (literally).

But Compass' Babyshoe and SOMA's Grand Randonneur EX tyres are both made by
Panaracer (in Japan), with nearly the same specifications as the Hetres. In
fact, the Hetre EL, the original Compass Babyshoe, and the SOMA GR EX all
weigh the same (within grams of each other), I'd be surprised if these
aren't all the exact same tyre. Compass has since updated their Babyshoe to
be a true 42mm, so it is a bit different, therefore the SOMA GR EX might be
the closest thing to the original Hetre that one can buy easily in the USA.

I know that tyres as an intensely personal choice, so I'm not begrudging
the original poster! More of a reference to anyone else who is thinking
about Hetre alternatives.