As I said, it's an intensely personal choice.

Thanks, yes, I have looked at them. I don't consider the treads to be any
different, because I consider all slick treads to be the same. Bikes can
not hydroplane under anything close to normal circumstances, so what
possible difference could there be between those treads? Those differences
in treads are cosmetic, nothing more. (Don't believe me? Read what Sheldon
Brown <http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tires.html> has to say about tread.)
Even if somehow you still think that there is a difference between radial
and herringbone tread, along the center, where the tyre actually contacts,
both Grand Bois and Compass have radial tread (SOMA's have a mix of radial
and a "true" slick pattern).

And true, no one other than Panaracer really knows what, if any, difference
exists in those three tyres. But, if you're Panaracer and some asks for a
tyre of a given size, weight, performance, and price point, how many
different knobs do you think you have left to turn? It's not like Panaracer
in Japan has an infinite number of casing material and rubber compounds to
chose from, so those criteria almost certainly lock you into a rubber &
casing design and everything else is cosmetic. Do you really think there is
more to this decision making process? If so, what?