I managed to successfully convert an old Atom 6sp 14-28 freewheel to a
15/17 dingle freewheel on an old 12 speed frame to make a poor man's
Quickbeam.  The 15t sits flush with the outer edge of the freewheel body
and on a 126mm spaced hub the chainline worked out to pretty much match the
47.5 of a 32t middle ring of an MTB crank. I needed a half-link,
however, to get the chain length just right and the LBS only had halves for
1/8" bmx chains. Rather than special order a single half link I just got a
new bmx chain that came with a half-link and master link and it luckily
worked out fine.  I recently tried adding back the 14t to make it a "3
speed" and increase the high gear a little but that spacing wasn't as
cooperative so its staying a dingle instead of tringle for now.

Was a fun project and my first threaded freewheel disassembly.

The 3rd position 20t (or was it 21t?) cog would probably work better with
42mm chainline and may get tested out if these cranks happen to find their
way onto another build.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU77xbhBDfG/?taken-by=sirpsycole

Deacon Patrick, I think you'll enjoy riding fixed.  It's quite an
experience.  I'm a recent convert myself and still a novice with only
a year or two of occasional fixed riding but even poser fixed riding
doesn't truly prepare you for those first few moments where your body just
expects to coast out of habit and you are quickly reminded that you can't.

Brian Cole
Lawrenceville, NJ