My current plan is to go as simple as possible. One gear. One gear only.  38x20
which is 52.5” and see how I do with that. I know I do fine hauling a 200#
trailer on 6% climbs on asphalt with it, not sure how I do hauling 50# of
gear/food/water in panniers on single track at altitude. Grin.

However, today I rode my Quickbeam in 68” gear up to Rampart Reservoir and did
just fine. I had to LCG an 1/8th of a mile twice near the top, but I was going
walking speed or slower anyway so nothing lost. But that’s not a loaded
bikepacking rig and it’s not single track. I’m gonna have some learnin’ to do
next year! Grin.

With abandon,
Patrick