Wellgo pedals are made in Taiwan.... as if that matters.

The MG-1 is a fine pedal, I have multiple pairs that I used in the past. The
bearings are one cartridge on the end, and one long "DU bushing" aka
plastic/nylon of some sort in the other end. These bushing things are common in
many such pedals.

Like many pedals these days, do open them and grease well inside. Don't be
saddened by some lateral play if it develops, just make sure the bearing nut is
snug and keep going.