As a fellow vertigo sufferer (although not nearly as bad!) I can identify
with the preference to a direct connection with your bike, the earth, etc.
I have noticed that the more direct feedback of a rigid or hardtail
mountain bike is preferable for me, as compared to a motorcycle or even a
full suspension bike. I've thought it was the effect of seeing a root or
rock for example, and then not feeling it through the bike that confuses
the brain. I can see how the tighter feedback loop of a fixed gear would be
even better. Sadly, my knees can no longer handle a fixed gear. Maybe if I
put a really low gear on it... I don't care much about speed these days.

You're using flat pedals with fixed gear? Conventional wisdom says that's a
bad thing.

Chris "round and round we go..."