Big-Big only if you have a double.  On a triple, if you use your gears
contentiously, you'd never ride big-big anyway. (This advice for RBWers and
other experienced riders only, FWIW).

I'm using combinations past the capacity of the my current derailer so the
only real requirement in my mind is that only the gears I actually use will
work.  That is what I test and adjust for.  I'm never going to use
small-small on a triple so I don't care if the chain is slack when I put it
in that combination, or not enough chain length on big-big.