Thanks Bill!  You do remind me of a friend, a co-worker, in Denver.  I
would have spent far too long overanalyzing something, usually which bike
to keep, sell, modify, build a different way, etc.  I would tell him of my
dilemma, whatever it was, expecting at least a delay in his response while
he thought through all that I told him.  Anyway, without any discernible
hesitation, he would say, just do this, this and this and, well, problem
solved!  And I would stand there, lost for words, as he always seemed to
cut to the essence of the problem and present, almost always, the right
answer.  You guys kill me!  And make me laugh at myself as well...

You are exactly right!  The only danger would be my own habit of
overbuilding and making a bike heavier than it needs to be.  I do know the
Sam would fit me, no doubt about that.  I am going on more group rides (the
"Cyclists of Galesburg"!) and though we do not go that fast, a little
additional efficiency or speed would be welcome.  I could overbuild the Joe
for touring and rough-stuff and just try and have some discipline with the
other bike, whatever it might be.

I will consider your words!  As they are wise... :>)

Hope all is well there!  Following your adventures and bike builds is a
true gift here, so please keep all that up!  Thanks for your help.

>From the "true winter will be here soon" Midwest,

Bob L.
Galesburg, IL