I was in a similar situation to you a couple months ago. I have a Joe that
I love, but I wanted a Rivendell for longer, faster road rides.

I chose to pre-order a Sam mainly because of the sizing issue that you
referenced in your other thread. Like you, I have an 89cm PBH. My 58
Appaloosa fits great. I have had too many bikes that feel just a little bit
too big or a little bit too small. I was worried about being in between
sizes on the Roadini, but with the Sam I fit right in the middle of the
recommended PBH range. On top of that, you get more tire clearance, more
braze-ons, and more lugs. As Bill mentioned in the last post, the Roadini
might end up being a little bit faster, but other than that, the Sam gives
you way more options for future builds.

Yes, Joe and Sam framesets might appear to overlap, but the builds will set
them apart. My Joe is typical commuter with fenders, racks, bags, upright
bars (currently Chocomoose, but planning to try the Bosco Bullmoose). When
the Hillborne gets here, it will get drop bars, fenders, 38mm Barlow Pass
tires, and a saddle bag.

Sorry I don't have any actual ride comparisons, but my Sam wont be here
until January.