My wife has a Roadini and a Hillborne. I have a BMC Road (orange with flat
fork crown) and a Toyo built 650b AHH. All but the Hillborne are set up as
road bikes with drop bars. Down tube shifters on the Roadini and AHH,
brifters on the the BMC Road.

First I think a lot of folks would say the price difference is significant,
but that's easy enough to look up and form ones own opinion about, so as
the op basically asked price aside what do you think, here's what I think.

The most significant difference is that the BMC has a threadless headset
and stem, whereas the Roadini uses a quill stem. Which is better seems like
a mater of personal opinion. Bar height adjustment is easier with a quill
stem and you don't take a hack saw to your steerer tube. With threadless
there are lots of stems available and they work with the now ubiquitous
31.8mm handlebars. My ritchey threadless rig is likely lighter than the
Nitto stem and bar on my wifes bike.

Other functional differences are the rear rack mounts  of the Roadini that
the BMC doesn't have, the different clamp diameter for the front
derailleur, and the seat post size. The BMC uses a 27.2 post and there are
lots of those on the market. The Roadini's is 26.8 which is less readily
available. That said the Roadini comes with a perfectly serviceable seat
post in it, and RBW stocks the excellent two bolt Nitto post in 26.8, how
many options do you really need.

Beyond that I think the differences are mainly cosmetic and so YMMV. The
socketed drop outs on the BMC are quite nice but the fork ends and stay to
rear dropout junctions on the Roadini are, in my opinion, way nicer. I also
think the shaping of the chainstays on the Roadini is very nice, and I like
the seat lug. The Roadini head badge is a real head badge as opposed to the
BMCs decal. The paw print decal on the non drive side seat stay of the
Roadini is a nice touch. The BMC top tube is closer to level and I find the
slope much less notable than on the Roadini. On the whole I think the
Roadini is a prettier frame but I also think the BMC looks great. I
wouldn't argue with anybody who preferred the cosmetics of either one over
the other.

Now for ride and handeling. Set up for my wife the Roadini does not fit me
so I've not really ridden it. But I'd be very surprised if somebody who
likes the way the Roadini rides wouldn't like the way the BMC does, and
vice-versa. I would not choose between the two based on that.

Hope some of that helps.