I love my Sam but it is the only bike I have so I swap wheelsets to partially
achieve the range you’re seeking which is not as gratifying as having two Rivs.
 I also agree with John’s sentiments (and Bill’s).  If you were to buy a
Roadini, you would need to buy the parts.  Buy the same light road bike parts
for the Sam that you’d buy for the Roadini (hub spacing may be the only issue).
 Ride it for a while and see if it is the Appaloosa departure you were seeking.
 If it’s not, you can still buy the Roadini and migrate the parts from the Sam,
sell it and use the proceeds to offset the Roadini cost.  As you’re building it
up or after you’ve built it up, try to test ride a Roadini.  Then you will have
a fair comparison and be a much more experienced mechanic.

Of course after saying all that, if you just sell the Sam and buy the Roadini,
you know you’ll be getting the one designed to fit what you’re looking for as
Dave suggests.  You will have also had the full Riv new bike experience and
supported Riv insuring they comtinue to prosper (I’m always happy to support
Riv with other people’s money).  You will never know how the two compare but
there’s something to be said for ignorance is bliss.  Plus... new bike day!

John