Copper crimps--cause it's fun, like the colored spoke nipples on the Clems?
Crimps in general--cause they are easier, also faster and safer in a
bicycle repair shop, cause they work and look just fine, cause you don't
need to figure out correct solder and flux mixtures or strip treated or
coated cables, and cause soldering offers really nothing in terms of
advantages, other than, subjectively, aesthetics. Other than that, I don't
get it either Solder away, mate! (Just be sure to do your spokes, too, or
you lose the full aesthetic punch;^)