This is all really great advice. Thanks, everyone! I'm certainly
frustrated, but I also feel like I'm learning something new about bikes.
Your wisdom is appreciated.

Andy, the headset was not replaced. You ask great questions about the work
they did, and unfortunately, I don't know the answer. I'll probably reach
out directly to Waterford to learn more about what was actually done.

The plan is:
1) Get more info from Waterford
2) Replace the headset.