Wait - are you saying Roman indicated that this could become a
possibility?  I've avoided the temptation of posting to your other thread,
because I have way too many dream bikes / fantasies / wishes.  However in
regards to this particular model idea, I'll give an emphatic "yes," but
with the following qualifiers:

-  I would absolutely want it to be fully-lugged.   What you're describing
- a tigged, steel, disc brake, rigid, taiwan-made trail bike - is available
from any number of manufacturers.  I have utility bikes.  I want a
Rivendell.  (In fact, my best "what would it take to get me to buy another
Riv" ideas would simply a fully-lugged Clem... in the missing sizes.)

-  It would absolutely want to have 700c/29er wheels. If' it's a "mountain
bike," then why would you choose a wheel diameter that is anything less
than optimum for the intended purpose?  Again, 26" mountain bikes are a
dime a dozen these days.   650b gains you a mere half-inch of wheel radius
and is not worth the effort to me.  (Road bikes are another story
altogether, of course.)

-  It should really have a new, wider fork crown, with clearance for 2.6 or
2.8" tires.  As with diameter, why build a mountain bike that isn't as good
as it can be.  In fact this would actually be the only reason I'd care
about the disc part - enabling you to use adequate rims, and to be able to
find them in perpetuity.

Do this in a size 56, and I'll put my money down tomorrow!