Careful there.  That's not exactly what I said.  Laing said he wanted a
stripped down roadbike that took 38 or 44 tires.  Steve Palinscar responded
by recommending that Laing buy a Roadeo.  I responded to Steve's
recommendation that a Roadeo "does not take 38 or 44 tires".  In one sense,
I was wrong.  If the question was "Does a Roadeo allow you to use EITHER
38mm OR 44mm tires?" then you've shown the answer is yes.  If the question
is "Does a Roadeo give me the freedom to run my choice of 38mm or 44mm
tires?" then the answer is no.

It's cool that your Roadeo takes 38s, but I would bet a dollar that your
Roadeo can't take 44mm tires, and that's all I intended.

Please post photos of the closest clearance spots on your Roadeo with
700x38 tires, if you don't mind.  What width rims are you running?

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA