I actually found it odd that the frames appeared to be "In Stock" since I
knew the made-to-order frames weren't actually sitting in Walnut Creek.
With the change in optics, I would now hope that the 63 Roadeo is on a hook
in their warehouse, and if I were to put the comically-large-for-me frame
in my cart and pay up, I could then hop on BART and pick it up much sooner
than many months later. I do agree that some copy change would make things
crystal clear, but at least this way nobody has the affordance to pull the
trigger on a frame they (somehow) don't realize is 9 months out.

FWIW, Rivendell took my deposit on a Waterford canti-Hilsen on Jan 31.
Expected turnaround on the Hilsen holds at 6-9 months, OK by me as I have a
continuous stream of life stuff to distract me in the next few months.