The things I specifically like about the MR30 are:

they come in 172.5mm length (rare in 1x11 mountain cranks)
they look nice (especially with a silver ring and pink extractors)
White Industries is a generous sponsor of Norcal High School Mountain Bike
Racing League
Black Mountain Cycles stocks them

I don't have answers to your other questions about 'stiffer' or 'greater
power transfer'.  They are cranks, RIDE!  Grin.

Bill