On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 23:13 -0800, Rene Sterental wrote:
> I can't find a position where I will ride with no pain in my hands..
>
> I've removed neck and shoulder pain after switching to Rivendell
> bikes, but I can't get rid of the hand pain. Raising or lowering the
> bar doesn't seem to make a difference. If anything, it seems to me
> that raising it actually makes it worse. On both the AHH with Noodle
> bars and the Bombadil with Moustache bars, shortening the stem has
> made me feel the "spot" overall, as well as lowering the bars some.
> But the hand pain doesn't go away.

Best thing I can recommend is to get yourself fitted.  My experience
with hand numbness turned out to be that the bar was too close, even
though I thought it was too far away.  Jim's suggestion about locating
the seat is a good one, as you probably won't have hand pain without
there being too much weight on your hands, and when the saddle is in the
right place the weight will be on your behind rather than your hands.

Also, moustache bars have a reputation for causing hand pain for many
people.  I found the Noodles did the same.  My favorite bar is the Nitto
176, a very traditional Maes bend.