“What’s it all about boy? Elucidate!”
“That’s a joke, I say that’s a joke son.”
“For-I say fortunately I always carry a spare set of feathers.”
“You know there might, I say there just might be a market for bottled duck.”
“That’s what I’ve been – I say, that’s what I’ve been telling you, boy!”
“That dog’s as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal.”
“It’s sure, I say it’s sure quiet around here. You could hear a caterpillar
sneakin’ across a moss bed in tennis shoes.”

Oh, wait. Favorite *Rivendell*. I thought this was the Favorite Foghorn
Leghorn sayings thread...

Regarding shorter cranks, I just had a machinist friend re-drill a standard
crank down to about that 150 range for my son--very hard to find
appropriately proportioned cranks for kids. Trek at one point sold some
children's bikes with cranks that had two pedal holes on each arm. There
can be benefits to more traditionally sized riders as well. Here's more
info on the subject from an
iBOB who offers, or used to offer? shortening services:
http://bikesmithdesign.com/Short_Cranks/index.html