Paul,
I’m not familiar with valve replacement but I have experience with cardiac
rehab. I had 5x bypass surgery in 2013. I think you will find that you recover
pretty quick. Being a cyclist your physical condition gives you a leg up on
most cardiac patients.
I went to a good cardiac rehab facility post op and I found it very helpful
with setting my exercise parameters. In 4 weeks they had me jogging on a
treadmill and 6 weeks post op I rode my bike 8 miles. 8 months later I did
Ragbrai.
Use that couple weeks after your surgery as a good time to tune up your bikes
for when your back in the saddle.
Best of luck to you and keep us posted.

Howard
Riding a little slower now in Livonia Mi