d2mini, I agree with your 'no replacing' statement, though in my riding
areas, full sus would be fun but not required....a hard tail is fine.

In general, I think there is a large misunderstanding of the types of
singletrack to be found in different parts of the U.S. (and world).  In NC,
the trails I have access to are rooty, rocky, often rutted, often damp,
heavily wooded, with oh-so-nice brief stints of what a lot of the Riv
videos show.  I mean, if the test of a mountain bike's design worth is
Repack Road, then fine, no suspension needed.  But that's a far, far cry
from what we experience "over here".

Thus my wish for an MTB that could appeal to a wider audience by offering
sus-corrected fork/frame.

Yes, I know I can get that somewhere else.  I've had several.  But the
thought of a RIv-designed one, which I know would be the best, is exciting
to me, anyway.

Tom