Patrick!  Gosh, poor guy.  I fully expect to see you in your armor in your
next travelogue!

Your comment is a great one, since it speaks to what I think is another
possible misunderstanding of why anyone would choose to ride a squish
forked bike.  It's not always about being a daredevil.  Sometimes its about
being able to ride at a fun (not stoopid) pace, over rooty, rocky, rutted
paths, without shaking your teeth or bones loose.  There is a middle ground
of speed for the fun of it, but not balls-to-the-wall crazy speed.  And it
does depend on terrain.  There's also the enjoyment - *after* a lengthy
singletrack ride - of not feeling like you've been body slammed all day.  I
know the difference because I've felt it.  I'm in great shape, and I know
how to use my body to absorb shock.  A measly 80-100mm sus fork simply
takes the edge off where I ride, given how I like to ride.

But I've digressed into what I didn't want this discussion to be
(justification).  I was looking for more of the design points and different
ride qualities that others have experienced who've had bikes with
sus-corrected bikes and used them in both modes.  The only experience I've
had is with an Ogre I used to have, as well as a Karate Monkey.  I liked
both in both modes (the Ogre better), but for other reasons got rid of
them...in one case to get my first Riv.

Tom