I did a 200k, centuries, and permanents on my Bleriot.
Ed Felker did PBP on his.
I have read of others who did Brevets on Rivendells.

Paul Donaldson(?) AKA WGR(?) World's Greatest Randonneur did brevets on his
Sam Hillborne. Just google Worlds Greatest Randonneur and you will see the
funny write up about his bike.

So I think comfort, reliability, and function is key. Put on it what you
need to be comfy and cozy for any given ride.

But I have read/seen people doing brevet/s on many different types of bikes
and violating all sorts of alleged dictums by alleged experts.
I think Clayton is right you have to ride and see what you need.