OK...I know there's no killing a thread, at least not without
repercussions, but I'm not going to fee it anymore. At its best, developing
a bike is fun, and this bike is pure that for me and the others here. It
will NOT meet expectations, it'll barely miss the mark for most people
reading this, there WILL be groans of "if only they'd one ONE thing
differently...!"  Nobody is as independent as they'd like to be, or as
people think they are, and I'm on top of that list. My influences are
different, and although I don't FEEL old (at 64), having been doing bikes
for so long, and at Rivendell so long, has made me more stubborn than wise.
I don't want to build up great anticipation and enthusiam for a "secret"
bike, and yet I am so jazzed about it that I can't keep my trap fully shut.
That feels shitty and I wish I could undo, but there's no undoing.
I appreciate, and I can see straight that I and we-all-at RIV are lucky to
have such a great online group of supporters and cheer-squads. It's a big
positive in my life aside from any commercial value that may come from it.
The only thing is, right now I'm thinking I've screwed up and created a
weird hubub about a super simple bike. Here's how it'll be, and these are
the only details I'm going to reveal, but as you'll see, they're not barely
anything:

fits to 2.8. NOT three. That's not an oversight, it's be design
canti-posts for, presumably, V-brakes. no disc mount. I briefly considered
it, I was willing to bend there, but the internal opinion was NO, and I'm
so glad.
great standover, but not a mixte. there's only one way to get that, so any
speculation as to how will be correct.
135 spacing
Seat lug, but fillet and/or tig elsewhere.
HHH-type fork
Long chainstays
Long wheelbase
The Best Model Name of All Time for Any Commercial Product
Two to four colors, three of which will be almost identical.
Not a copy of anybody else's bike (to my knowledge)
The coolest name
Fun decaliteureaux! And expensive ones. About three dollars more per bike
per set, after the exhorbitant set-up fee.
No, they're not holograms. Really? U-thot-dat?
You already know 73BB and OS threadless, and the reasons
The name will scare people off. No, it's not a political or religious name,
although I have to admit I'd be strongly inclined to vote for any candidate
with this name, just hoping he or she was left-leaning.

It will be all the mountain bike a non-racer needs for any terrain in the
world. You might have to walk a few things, but it'll glide over most...at
least, that's what I suspect, based on my experience with other bikes that
kind of do, too. But we all have different interpretations of "glide."
It'll be a nicely designed set of stairs, with steps just so, as opposed to
an elevator or even an escalator.

It will be, overall, like a single version of the HHH, but with some
costlier details that don't make it better.