I certainly don't endorse change for the sake of change, but if something
works,  it's better or solves a problem; I'll embrace it eventually, maybe
begrudgingly, but I will & my enthusiasm & conviction will grow from there.
I guess about the time I turned 50, I reaffirmed my conviction to keep my mind
open & question any preferences or prejudices I might have.
Didn't like Carbon fiber,  but as these things go, most road bikes these days
have Carbon Fiber forks; so it was kind of forced on me. (I also got carbon
fiber cranks & handlebars in the deal🙄) Well, guess what? They work fine,
better than fine really. Will, I make a point  of buying CF in the future?
Hmmmmmm,  I doubt it, but my resistance has been weakened.
Just sayin, there's a reason for everything.