Howdy all,

I'm currently looking at getting a new pair of mixed surface tires for my
Clem H for general trail riding/offroad touring that don't feel excessively
slow and boat-like when I am on the pavement on the way to the trailhead
(sometimes 30 miles away). Currently I have some WTB riddlers and Conti
x-kings that are wide and way too knobby for the riding where I live in
Oakland. I started looking and was immediately overwhelmed by the options
that are out there and all of the marketing crap saying that this one pair
of tires will solve all of my bike riding woes. Therefore, I decided to
pull from the collective wisdom/experience of those in this group to see
what you guys ride in your area.

If you can, please reply with what general type of terrain you ride
(gravel, singletrack, sand, mud, etc), tire type and wheel size, and
frequencies of tire damage! Ultimately, I want to just know what tires you
folks ride on and if are generally satisfied with them.

So far I'm looking at the following for 27.5/650b (max clearance of 2.4"):
Schwalbe Thunder Burt 2.25"
Conti RaceKing Protection 2.2"
Schwalbe G-one all-round 2.25"
Schwalbe G-one speed 2.35"