My first reaction from the initial visual wasn't super positive... but it's
growing on me a bit.  I don't love that top tube curve but I'm not sure
why.  I do love Grant's Mongolian horseback analogy for trail riding, I've
never thought about it that way and will re-read a couple times and try to
incorporate it a bit myself.  I also enjoy the newly created 'Hill Bike'
segment but it also highlights the difference in readily available riding
for Mt/Hill bikes close to me... for all the reasons Grant highlights
urban/suburban trails are mostly tailored to the capabilities or
aspirations of dual suspension bikes, at least the intermediate and
advanced ones.  I'm 1-2 hours from the kind of trailhead for the wandering
exploratory rides he's talking about which makes it difficult these days.

Still I'm thrilled they made the bike, as much as I do like the hydro-disc
brakes on my Jones Plus I think I'd be fine w/ canti's and better able to
service them (though the hydro procedure isn't rocket science).  I'll be
interested to see the final production version.  I hope he goes w/ a cream
headtube... maybe that is what is bothering me in my initial blush more
than the curved top tube, or maybe its the tig weld transition of top tube,
down tube and head tube...  something discountenanced there for me.

Tony