After riding the Appaloosa for a little bit I’m totally sold on the current
long chain stay thing Riv has going. So far after owning other Riva, the App is
my favorite Rivendell.

This Hill bike has some details that I really appreciate for a “mountain bike.”
 The threadless fork/headset and the full length brake housing are both
positives for a bike that rolls through the dirt, rock, grass, and mud, which
is the way I would ride it. I’m very curious to see a geometry chart for this
bike. It looks like it would make a fine trail riding bike.

That janky brake cable routing in the rear makes me wonder why they would
insist on canti posts instead of going with a disc brake, at least for the
rear. With the plus tires one probably cannot use v brakes as the arms won’t be
long enough, so cantis are the only choice. IMHO it is a poor choice for a bike
that rolls through the dirt, rock, grass, and mud.