Got it. Still, the Apples may be an option; it's just that for flats other
than by goathead, I get perhaps 1 every year (I think Jan has the same
experience in Seattle or wherever he is) so I can't really speak to that
sort of puncture (and I'm glad of that; our goatheads are certainly bad
enough.

I certainly wouldn't use Compass tires where nails and wire and glass were
common. Compass tires and similar thin-skin tires work for me with
goatheads only because of modern sealants, but these are notorious for
being less effective for larger punctures.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 11:26 AM John Phillips <w00lyb3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Patrick, my flats are caused by broken glass, wires and urban construction
> debris rather than goat heads.
>
> I've been trying to run my errands on Compass tires, but I really can't
> afford the time it takes to fix a flat when my wife's ice cream is on
> board. So I'm trying to find the "most supple," "flat-resistant" touring
> tire I can find in 50-55mm. Or am I asking for too much from a tire?
>
> John

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique