John, I've never tried the Allmotions but (like others) have had very good
luck with Supremes.  First set 700-50's went close to 10,000 mi with no
flats; I did nothing but add air occasionally. I finally retired them
because of a sidewall slice that didn't go through, but was nonetheless
worrying.  The current set of 700-40's have fairly low miles but also no
flats. Like you, I live in an area with tire wires, glass, and other
debris.  Some have said the Supreme is dead-feeling, and that be correct,
depending on the tire it's compared to, but I think they feel fine for a
substantial belted tire.  However, in acknowledging my biases, I seem to be
less sensitive than others to (and therefore less smitten by) the supple
Cadillac ride of Compass and similar tires.

Like you, I've also had compass tires (3 sets so far) and the frequency of
flats has become unacceptable to me, in spite of their other qualities.
Also, the tread lasts about half as long as the Supremes, but Compass is a
completely different tire with a different purpose.   I'm not giving up on
Compass, but in the future will only get the ones that are tubeless
compatible, and set them up tubeless.

Jack
Seattle