I reading somewhere that the Albastache is the least popular handlebar!?
Having run a Moustache bar for 20+ years & now the Albastache since shortly
after they appeared I am somewhat perplexed??? The original moustache was
fairly popular & the new bar has all the originals charms, but none of the
things that I didn't love. (Which were few).
Now granted, I admit moustache bars in general are slightly odd looking, but
they are so great for so many things. Indeed, aside from my Ogre I don't think
I've built a bike in the last 4 years without Albastache or Albatross bars! And
as much as I like Albatross bars they are not always the answer.
I think a lot of people here would love them if they gave them a try!
Who do I think would benefit the most? People who ride drop bars, but mostly
ride on the hoods or bar tops are ideal candidates for Albastache bars.
Who else? People who like Albatross bars and can't quite cotton to drop bars.
I find them to be the single most versatile handlebar, fine for spirited paved
road jaunts or all but the most technical offroad stuff.
The main thing I love about them is how I can activate the brakes from almost
any hand position! Grap the end of the lever with my forefinger when I  am back
on the flats; several fingers when I am forward in the curved sections OR use
my pinkie & ring fingers when I am riding "on the hoods"! Indeed only when
riding with my hands close to the stem, (which I rarely do with these bars) do
I not have instant braking available.
So, I am interested to hear why people don't go for these latest & greatest
moustache bars?