Patrick,  the original moustaches always felt too narrow for me & the way they
jutted forward was awkward. On the second year XO's they addressed this with
dummy lever bodies on the bar; I  imagine that helped a lot, but I never got
round to retrofitting mine.
The Albastache doesn't seem to bend so much near the stem, more of a sweep that
I actually use more frequently. The additional width also increases the
diameter of the arc as it extends outward which makes it more comfortable for
my hands.
In my Experience building 3 bikes with Albastaches, the bars should be more or
less level with the seat (or I prefer slightly higher). Also resist the urge to
angle the ends of the bar down more than a degree or two, it puts more pressure
on the wrists. Almost level works best for me.