John, you are correct. I misspoke. The middle ‘X’ on my photo is the median
nerve. There goes my ‘my armchair expert’ status.....
My damage is mostly to both ulnar nerves, which is why I don’t like the
Albastache, but my other nerves are affected too. On a hard ride, the wrong
handlebar, tire pressure etc. can cause me to lose my grip on the handlebar,
and unable to squeeze the brake lever. It scared me big time, the first time it
happened, as it was my front brake and I had to stop quickly. Nothing there.
It’s a very freaky feeling to lose something that has always worked
unconsciously. After an hour at the side of the trail, I trusted my hand to
finish the rest of the ride, after I lowered my air pressure, and slowed to a
crawl.
I don’t use padded gloves, because of the ulnar pressure.
The search goes on for a time machine... I need to go back and make some
changes.
Thanks for the correction and the diagram.
Clayton

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad