I've been riding fixed on trails since I discovered how awesome fixed is
for ice/snow riding back in the 90s and thought, if I can do that, surely I
can ride trails fixed! Granted, I just ride trails and not super technical
stuff because I'm old and the super technical stuff makes my back hurt
after a while.

Foot retention? Meh. With or without is fine (for me). If you have a front
brake on the bike, you can recover if your foot comes off by slowing down
until you can get your foot back on.  In practice, I've just never really
struggled with that though. If I find myself spinning THAT fast, I just
scrub a little speed off with the brake before things get too hairy.

Hugh "I can fix that" Flynn
Newburyport, MA

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 2:09 AM Philip Williamson <
philip.william...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Single track A and single track B are more different from each other than
> single track A is from a paved trail.
>
> Philip
> Santa Rosa, CA

Hugh Flynn