Maybe take off both wheels from every bike, and slide them in heel-toe,
cranks and rings resting on newspaper, etc.Put the bike with the widest
bars in the middle, pointing "in."
We did that with three bikes and three people in a Subaru once. We used
moving blankets and wheels between each bike.

Philip
Santa Rosa, CA