Sounds like you want a "crank forward" semi-recumbent design

Image result for crank-forward bikes

On 12/11/18 4:21 PM, Marty Gierke, Stewartstown PA wrote:
Literally. I want to be able to put my foot down from my "in the saddle" position and not have to lean over at all, or maybe just a little, and not have to do a full ballerina pointe. Like many of you I'm guessing, I have an ancient echo in my head that tells my how my leg should be only slightly bent while in the saddle, or that if I pedal backwards with the ball of my foot on the pedal my hips should not rock. I've taken for granted that when I set the saddle height to accomplish both of those, it comes at the expense of putting my foot down (quickly and easily) at a stop sign or unexpected roadside beer tent. I presume the echo is residue from some racer-oriented mag I once read. It's high time I release the un-racer in me and embrace the low-down.

So how do you do it? How bent is your knee at 6 o'clock? Can you put your foot down?

Marty

--
Steve Palincsar
Alexandria, Virginia