Randall:

I currently have a 650b sage colored Sam and a 26” wheeled MUSA Atlantis (46cm
chain stays). Absolutely love them both. The Sam is presently set up as a more
roadish ride with drop bars, a small handlebar bag and a saddlebag. It has also
been set up with a basket/large bag combo which allowed me to carry a sizeable
groceries front and rear. Handled just fine.

The Atlantis has a basket and a saddlebag so it does grocery and commuting
duty. Handlebars are Albatross. I have run drops on it but my preference is for
the Alba’s.

As others have said, there is overlap between the two models and you could
certainly tour with the Sam. There are differences in the way they feel. Sam
has a lighter feel at the front. Keep in mind too, the Sam’s geometry is a bit
more slack.

The Atlantis on the other hand feels more “planted”, if I can use that term.
The feel is stable, balanced and well, just plain neutral. These
characteristics could be attributed to wheel size, geometry (not as slack as a
Sam) and tubing. Probably just want you want if you’re looking for a more rough
stuff ride. It feels pretty darn good that way on a smooth surface.

The tubing question has come up before; if my memory is correct, the Atlantis
tubing is 0.9 straight gauge.

Hope my observations are helpful. For sure, everyone else’s comments are spot
on.

Regards,
Rich in ATL