Along the way, I became a Rivendell "Lifetime Member," which meant you had
a lifetime subscription to the Rivendell Reader.  Before Rivendell had a
website, those Rivendell Readers were the thread that held us all
together.  I still have them all in a binder, they're still informative
(and relaxing) to read.