Hi Patrick,

Oh man, I loved that XO-1....  Feels lighter by comparison with those 26"
wheels. Quick, low profile, nice handling.  Great for shorter tours (like
max 4 days) and just plain fun to ride.

Only downside was that the 59cm seat tube was always a bit small for my
6'3" height, and the top tube was shortish also.  At the end I set it up
with Albatross bars on an old, super-long Nitto-made steel stem off an old
Specialized S-Works mtn bike to bring the bars up and out, and I rode it
that way for years.

That said, I really like my Rivs, which are all bigger (63cm Rom, 64cm QB,
63cm Hilsen, 62cm Hunqa).  I'm running fillet-brazed Bosco Bullmoose bars
on the Hunqa, and it's just a dream to ride.  I used to take it offroad
more, but now it's an all-weather, day/night, racked and basketed beast of
burden.  The Rom is my "road" bike that's a blast on dirt roads too. The
Hilsen is currently out of commission as it needs a new rear wheel (rim got
a chunk taken out of it), and it has also gotten a lot of commute miles and
some touring.

Cheers,

-br