Deacon,
I highly recommend you give the ENO a go on your fixed gear hillybike.  As a
fellow Riv connoisseur who is extremely loyal I
would hate for you to spend $1100 to upgrade a stock frame.  I have bought 4
new Riv bikes for family members and have purchased 5 used ones to accommodate
my 99.5 PBH.

Go with the first option.  I will buy your rear ENO wheel for whatever it costs
you, if it does not completely meet your needs and desires.  Seriously.  Win
Win for us both; any outlay you have for the experiment can be applied to the
dropout replacement if necessary.  I am on a fixed budget and frugal but happy
to help Rivendell both directly and indirectly as much as possible.  The joy I
get from following you and your bike exploits vicariously almost matches my own
riding and wrenching.

Sincerely,
Ryan Hankinson
West Michigan