+1, with the qualification that if you want to test if hand grinding is
something you prefer, $25 entry fee is ten times less than the Lido 2. However,
the grind and the grinding experience of the Lido is Rivendellian while the
Hario or Porlex are Public or similar. Why grind instead of blade? Consistancy
brews better, so all your gounds osmosize equally, neither under or over
brewing. This gives easily noticable improvement to the flavor.

Phil said: “I highly recommend staying away from any ceramic burr grinders like
the Hario or Porlex. I've had both and they don't compare to more high end
manual grinders.”

With abandon,
Patrick