> I was more just looking for an overall hoody recommendation from y'all
>> than a jacket specific for riding.  I value the opinion of the many like
>> minded individuals here and I know we are all gear nerds so I figured I'd
>> ask.

I stopped by REI yesterday and tried on the Atom and I like it.  I might
just wait until they have a full price coupon and grab one.  And of course,
hunt the CL ads for a local used version!

The Revelate Powerline has really become a riding staple for me in the
colder months.  It is so comfy, fits well, has a great hood you can mount
under your helmet, and a solid chest pocket.  Its MUSA and affordable.
Highly recommended if looking for a new winter piece that can be layered in
all conditions.  I wear it as a light jacket as well, but I want something
cut a bit different and with more repellency which is why I am interested
in the Atom.