I've run both Schwalbe G-One 650b x 30 and Switchback Hill 650b x 48 tyres
on DT Swiss XM401 27.5 rims, which have a 22.5mm internal width and
according to DT Swiss are suitable for tyres up to 2.5" wide. To me, the
handling has seemed fine with both sizes of tyre. I use the narrower tyres
for Auxax events on sealed roads the the wider for rides combining both
sealed and unsealed roads.

Nick