For whatever it's worth, as a retailer, I sold Berthoud saddles for about a
year.  I rode them, and really liked them.  For about 6 months.  Then I
started to see customer saddles, and my saddles wear out prematurely. Like,
in 6 months.  Or after one long tour.  Not because of rain, or rider
weight, or too much saddle goop.  These were experienced Brooks riders who
wanted something a bit better, and ended up getting something that was
initially better, and then ended up being a bad investment very quickly.  I
had my fingers crossed for these saddles, but like so many other non-Brooks
leather saddles (Selle Anatomica has the same issue, etc), I found I could
not continue to sell them in good faith.  I know some folks who still ride
them and like them, good on you.  But at least 4 outta five that we sold
did not last nearly as long as a 200 buck saddle should.  I don't know if
this is the right thread for such info, but there it is!

Caveat: if you have one, and like it, don't jump down my throat.  I am
merely relating an experience based on selling 20 or so of these saddles.
If you have a different experience, based on riding a few of these, great,
enjoy it!

-james