James,
     Which parts of your customers' saddles were wearing out? The leather,
titanium or steel rails, or the plastic component, or...? This is the first
I've ever heard of premature wear on Berthoud saddles.
   I wonder if Rene Herse Cycles sees the same problems?
   I have two and haven't had any problems. (knock on wood & fingers
crossed)
John