Frequency? All the threadless headsets I've owned kept their adjustment at
least as well as all the threaded ones I've used; and setting pre-load is
far easier than setting bearing load on a threaded system and keeping it
set while tightening the locknut.

Patrick: threadless systems certainly have their disadvantages -- largely
that it's harder to adjust bar height -- but overall they are a heck of a
lot easier to adjust than threaded ones.

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 9:49 PM hugh flynn <hugfly...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The ease of adjustment for threadless stems is indeed so great that it is
> astounding how hard it can be to describe properly...
>
> That said, the gains offered by simplicity are offset by the frequency
> with which one has to do it. For all the claimed complexity of threaded
> headset adjustmemt, one doesn't have to fiddle with headset preload when
> changing or adjusting a quill stem.
>
> Hugh "net gain is null" Flynn
> Newburyport, MA
>
> On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 11:07 PM Drw <drewbeckme...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes. This is what kept me away from threadless for so long. It seemed so
>> complicated based on descriptions. In reality it’s super simple. So much so
>> that I questioned what I was doing the first few times. “Is the stem bolt
>> actually holding the fork on the bike?” Still runs thru my head.
>>
>> --

> Hugh Flynn
> Newburyport, MA

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

*Still 'round the corner there may waitA new road or a secret gate,And
though we pass them by today,Tomorrow we may come this wayAnd take the
hidden paths that runTowards the Moon or to the Sun.*
                                --- J.R.R. Tolkien
Resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, and letters that get interviews
By-the-hour resume and LinkedIn coaching
Other professional writing services
Expensive! But good.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nuevo Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique