On 4/15/19 11:03 PM, Drw wrote:
This is not about berthound saddles, but I’m a little frustrated, so excuse the
venting.

You're right, it's not.  And adding it to this discussion does a disservice to everyone.  You should start a new discussion about Selle an Atomica saddles.  That way, people interested in them will be able to find your comments, and you won't run the risk of confusing people who noting the subject line may think you're speaking about Berthoud saddles.

  I’ve ridden brooks for years. They were all vaguely comfortable and
exceedingly durable. After reading the bikepacking.com reviews of the new
improved selle anatomica, I bit the bullet , hoping for better than decently
comfortable and lighter weight. What arrived was an incredibly loose saddle
that needed 10 + full turns of tensioning and still feels loose. An instruction
sheet that claims they have the longest rails in the business, oh but you can’t
use the full length of them or they might break..and A claim of high
durability, oh but make sure you get your butt off the saddle on every bump or
it might break. Also I ordered their heaviest duty model. How is this so hard
to get right?

--
Steve Palincsar
Alexandria, Virginia