On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 8:25:00 PM UTC-7, Drw wrote:

> I got the h2 purchased 4 days ago direct from sell anatomica. The “2”
> versions were supposed to be the fixed versions. I can’t speak to previous
> iterations, since I never owned one, but I’m definitely gonna complain
> about this thing. Beyond it being super droopy (butt on seatpost  during
> 1st 5 mile ride, after extreme retensioning out of the box) it just reeks
> of low quality everywhere. A 80$ brooks might weigh a bit more, but it
> costs half the price and will likely last 15x longer.

I got a Selle Anatomica saddle years ago when they were first released to
try, and it didn't really work for me (its sides were too wide for my fat
thighs). However, I was under the impression that these are unlike Brooks
or Berthoud saddles in that one *should* have the leather slung like a
hammock. Thus, the leather being a bit loose and droopy is expected. If
you've seen the original intro videos of the underside of the Selle
Anatomica saddle when it was ridden, the swaying/flexing leather top
clearly demonstrated this characteristic. Nevertheless, your butt shouldn't
contact the seatpost mast at all, and especially after tensioning. Have you
confirmed that you got the right saddle for your weight?