If you choose to use a Kryptonite U-lock, be sure to read the
maintenance info. IIRC, Kryptonite recommends using a chain lube containing
silicon, Teflon or graphite to prevent corrosion and/or rust.  I've read
complaints from commuters whose locks failed in a month because their bikes
were locked up outside in wet weather.

>From the Kryptonite FAQ manual from the FAQ page:

   1.

   CARE & MAINTENANCE

   Lubricate the lock several times a year to keep the lock in its best
   working condition. Always use a lubricant that has only a silicone,
   graphite orTeflon base. Face the lock cylinder upright and spray or pour
   the lubricant into the cylinder. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Place a rag on
   the workstation and turn the lock over onto the rag for a few minutes.

   Note: Do not use WD-40! WD-40 is a solvent, not a lubricant and will
   remove lubricant in the cylinder.

   I use 2 - Abus 540 U-locks around town, or Tigr Mini+'s if I'm a few
feet away getting a sandwich or coffee, but after seeing that video of 24"
bolt cutters making short work of a Tigr Mini, I doubt I'll use them again.

John