I started looking up this exact thing after reading the newsletter
yesterday whilst side eying my 47cm MIT Homer. Not specifically for train
travel in the US, but as an option to pack down a full size bike.

Best (brief) resource I found on the web:
https://wiki.aalto.fi/download/attachments/110562254/rinko.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1486045861527&api=v2.

The most useful of Jan's post for me was this one
<https://janheine.wordpress.com/2015/12/17/rinko-parts-useful-not-only-for-train-travel/>,

and the Rene Herse rinko parts are here
<https://www.renehersecycles.com/product-tag/rinko/>.

For my case, I'd get a VO Rinko headset, chain hanger (which Riv sells
<https://www.rivbike.com/collections/odds-ends/products/columbine-chain-hanger-clamp-on>)

or a chain keeper (like this one
<https://pedros.com/products/clean-and-lube/clean-andlube-tools-and-kits/chain-keeper/>),

and Ritchey breakaway cable connectors
<https://us.ritcheylogic.com/us_en/bike/frames/break-away-brake-cable-disconnector>.
 (MKS
sells a line of Ezy Pedals <https://www.mkspedal.com/?q=en/product/term/4> for
tool less install and removal, and Russ Roca of Path Less Pedaled mentioned
an existing MKS pedal can be converted into one.) I'm skipping the fenders
but Jan has visuals and general guidelines for the mod.

--Ed C.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/61905cbf-ea87-44b0-bd12-3fbfa3addc23%40googlegroups.com.